Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Tuesdays {7} : The Lovely Bones

Teaser Tuesdays is a fun and exciting meme hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. The cool button is from Once Upon a Twilight!

The rules are that you take a teaser from the book you're reading but make sure there are no spoilers!! Check out mine from Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones!




My Teaser:
Page 47: "He nodded seriously and kissed my father's cheek. Something so divine that no one up in heaven could have made it up; the care a child took with an adult."

My God, this book is...incredible. Why have I waited this long to read it? Absolutely breathtaking.





Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and link me to your Teaser if you have one! 

13 comments:

  1. I never read this book but the movie was well done and heartbreaking. The visuals of it all were awesome and the story was just heart wrenching. I literally had goosebumps while watching at some points. And they say the book is always better so I might have to read it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book a couple of years ago! Love the teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing when I read it as I waited too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this book. It took my sister taking me to the movie and then buying the book for herself to get me to read it. I can't believe I was so reluctant!

    http://polliwogblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of those books that stay with you. Beautifully written and chilling.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the movie and I didn't much like it. Though, by rule, the book is always better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people have told me not to see the movie after reading it..or not to see the movie at all!! But yes, the book is always better.

      Delete
  7. This is so lovely. I haven't read it yet, but your teaser makes me want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book, I had to read it in English class Junior year and I really loved it. It is a heartbreaking story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the movie when I watched it when it came out but never read the book. I really liked the movie a lot. How did you enjoy the book?

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book is SO much better than the movie. I mean, the movie was really well done, but the book had me in shivers and tears and terrified (and heartbroken) from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. Lots of questions after that teaser.

    Here's my TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! I love comments, followers and awards heheheh <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Stats!