Sunday, January 22, 2012

Borrowed Book Challenge 2012 hosted by me!

I found this awesome challenge on ShellyRae @ Book'd Out's page. It looked so cool that I asked if I could host it this year and she said yes! Woot! Check out some of the new details.




Challenge: Borrowed Book Challenge 2012
Lasts: February 1st  2012 - April 30th 2012

Details:
Similar to the Support your Libraries Challenge, this challenge is all about borrowing books from your library and supporting them in whichever way you can. Those of us with ereaders know how easy it is to check books out via that method as well! The possibilities are endless!! It will only last 3 months because I love mini-challenges.


Sign up for 1 of these levels: 
Bookworm 1-3 books
Bookie 5-10 books
Book Star 15- 20+ books

Mini-Challenges:
February - Check out and review one Romance book (even if it just has characters who are in love with each other, it qualifies)
March - Check out and review one book with a Green cover!
April - Create and post a library spotlight post (It can be your local library and why it's awesome. I will be spotlighting libraries all month so you can take a look at my examples)


I will post a wrap-up post with a linky at the end of each month for you to link up these posts.
________________________________________________________________________________
Prizes: Everyone who signs up and completes their level will get an exclusive Borrowed Book Challenge Award badge to flaunt on their page! Everyone's a winner!

At the end of each month I'm giving a US participant a book from my library (their choice) or an International participant a Amazon e-giftcard worth $5 bucks! Hey, it's something!

If you're interested, and I hope you are, link up your Master post here (you can list all the books you've checked out on that post and give me a little shout out on there as well!)

GO LIBRARIES!
My fav library, Central Library of Brooklyn Public Libraries


17 comments:

  1. This is perfect since I just challenged myself to read 48 books this year. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this for bloggers only or can you use a Goodreads account too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely do it from your good reads account. Can you still put you account into the linky?

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely in. I'll post something on this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know of this. I'll soon do the sign-up post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea. I'm a huge fan of my library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I might just need to add a tag on goodreads for library books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! I love this challenge :) (I need to utilize the library more - save my book budget!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Would love to have you participate :-D

      Delete
  8. This is a good idea, especially since I take out library books all the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I sign up with my Shelfari account? I don't really use Goodreads, but I do have an account if it is too much of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question about the green book: Can it have some green, but not be completely green? I'm going to be reading The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards and the water is all green, so about 1/3 of the cover is green Does that work or does it need to be mostly green (if so, I will find one)? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! I love comments, followers and awards heheheh <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Stats!